A Team of Trained Experienced Professionals Who Specialize in Providing Psychological Treatment and Testing.
Clinical Psychologist – Dr. Katherine L. K. Kot
- M.A., Psy. D. (USA)
- M. Sc (Marriage & Family)
- M.C.S. (Spirituality)
- Licenced Marriage & Family Therapist MFC #38726 (Calif., USA)
- Registered Psychologist, HK Psychological Society
- Certified EMDR I & II practitioner
- Certified Practitioner of NLP
- Certified Level 4 Tomatis Consultant by Tomatis Development U.S.A.
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner
- Certified Focusing Professional Focusing & Children focusing Trainer
Dr. KOT specializes in psychological assessment, individual, marriage and family therapy. She has worked extensively with Children, adolescents and adults who suffer from depression, anxiety, death and losses, marital conflicts, family problems and spiritual issues. She has completed the certified training in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing and is specialized in treatment of trauma, phobia, sexual abuse and anxiety.
Being a Registered Psychologist by profession and a Marriage & Family Therapist, Dr. KOT is well experienced in consulting problems in relation to marriage and family disputes for professional executives and apart from being a visitation lecturer and supervisor.She is currently an Expert Columnist for the South China Morning Post. She was also a Visitation Lecturer and Clinical Supervisor for Baptist Seminary, ex-president of Psychotherapy Society of Hong Kong and a Column Writer for Pre-school and Happy Family Magazine. She also published article on the issues on Homosexuality, as well as books on emotions and spirituality: “The Orchestra of Emotions – Walking through the four basic emotions in life”; “Journey into the Wilderness: Transformation of Emotion in Life” and “Life-transformed Healing – Walking through Emotional Moments with Jesus”.
Dr. KOT is a popular speaker and has conducted more than 500 workshops or lectures worldwide. She was also invited by the Fire Asia Conference as a speaker for 2006. She was also the guest speaker for the Divorce Recovery program, the Media Evangelism’s Life Hotline and Life Hotline Emergency Manual series. She is also being selected into the “Who’s Who in the World”, 24th Edition, 2007- 2009. She has also trained many professional counselors to lead groups and provided many hours of clinical supervision.
Team of Counselors – Ms. Chow Po Lun Ellen
- M.A. Professional Counseling (ONU, USA)
- International Certified Crisis Chaplain
- Critical Incident Stress Management (UMBC)
- Bachelor of Health Science Nursing (Monash U, Au)
- Registered Nurse
Ms. Chow Po Lun Ellen graduated in M.A. Professional Counseling of Oliver Nazarene University. She is a registered nurse. In taking care of physical health of people, she knows that the psychological health also played an important role in human being. She is a volunteer of Critical Incident Support Group, which supports the psychological needs of staff in critical incident period in hospital. Now she is under Dr. Kot’s close supervision in the capacity as a psychological counselor.
Mr. Richard Yung
- Master of Arts-Pastoral Care and Christian Counseling, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (Expected August 2007)
- Master of Arts-Professional Counseling, Olivet Nazarene University (Expected May 2008)
- Associate Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountant
- MBA, Kansas State University, USA
- Bachelor of Social Science, the Chinese University of Hong Kong
Mr. Richard Yung is the Principal of Ameritax Plus Ltd and has over twenty years of business consulting experiences including ten years with the Big Four international accounting firms. Mr. Yung is very much interested in the understanding of human behavior and helping people with what he has learnt. He studied Sociology (major) and Psychology (minor) in the Chinese University of Hong Kong and received a Bachelor in Social Science in 1986. Recently, he has completed most of his course work requirements from both the M.A. in Pastoral Care and Christian Counseling of the Chinese University of Hong Kong and M.A. in Professional Counseling of the Olivet Nazarene University. Mr. Yung is now working as a Counselor for Connexion, under Dr. Kot’s supervision.
Ms. Ho Wai Man, Denise
- Master of Arts Degree in Professional Counseling
- Diploma in Christian Counseling
- Bachelor of Business and Administration
- Professional Diploma in Personal Financial Planning
Ms. Ho Wai Man Denise graduated with a Master of Professional Counseling from Olivet Nazarene University and holds a Bachelor of Business Administration. At present, she is studying deep psychology of psychoanalysis and Jungian analysis. During the counseling, dream interpretation and focusing would be used to explore visitors’ inner world in order to pursue oneself personal growth as well as relieve symptoms. Denise has a lovely son, in addition to her working experience in field of children and youth ministry those made her able to have a uniquely deep understanding of children’s psychological development. Last but not least, she has also worked in the banking industry for many years that helped her understand people from different backgrounds. Denise is currently under the supervision of Dr. Kot in Connexion. At Rapha Foundation, she engages group therapy and individual counseling , and is a volunteer in the counseling department.
Ms. Jo Fung Yuk Kwan
- Master of Professional Counseling (ONU, USA)
- Master of History ( Thought History) (BLCU, CHINA)
- Bachelor of Arts (Chinese Language & Culture) (BLCU, CHINA)
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner
- SOMA Embodiment Practitioner
- Certified Focusing Trainer (TIFI, USA)
- Professional Member of American Counseling Association
Ms. Jo Fung graduated in Master of Professional Counseling Olivet Nazarene University. She studied in Beijing Language and Culture University for her Master of History of Thought History and the Bachelor of Arts of Chinese Language & Culture. She is currently the Strength Based Supervisor for psychiatric rehabilitation. Jo has received extensive training in the treatment of psychological trauma, fear and anxiety over sexual assault case even more effect;Professional Certificate Course (EMDR), especially Certificate courses of AEDP (Level 1,1B), Focusing trainer, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, and SOMA Practitioner. She also serves as volunteer of Rapha Foundation. Jo is now working as a Counselor for Connexion, under Dr. Kot’s supervision.
Mr. Chan Wai Hung
- Master of Arts in Professional Counseling (ONU, USA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Discipline (CUHK)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (HKU)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honour) in Quantitative Analysis for Business (CityU,Hong Kong)
With over 20 years of teaching experience in a secondary school, Mr. Chan has rich experience of nurturing youngsters’ life through discipline and counseling guidance. He has recently graduated from the Olivet Nazarene University of the USA, acquiring his Master degree in Professional Counseling. Under close supervision from Dr. Katherine Kot during his counseling internship, Mr. Chan has developed his expertise in Emotion-focused therapy. He is currently working as a freelance counselor for Connexion, under Dr. Kot’s supervision, as well as a voluntary group leader of the personal growth group in Rapha Foundation.
Ms. Flora Wong Sau Yee
- A doctoral student in psychology in Graduate Theological Foundation in the United States
- A study of the Postgraduate Diploma of Spiritual Direction in the Christian Contemplative Tradition in Christian Contemplative Spirituality Institute in Hong Kong
- Master in Psychology (Sheffield Hallam University, UK) / (City University, HK)
- Master in Professional Counselling (Olivet Nazarene University, USA)
- Master in Business Administration (City University of Seattle, USA)
- Bachelor of Arts (City University of Seattle, USA)
- Psychological Counselling Certified Course (Tsinghua, Beijing, China)
- Certified Gambling Counselor (Canadian Council of Professional Certification, Canada)
- Certified Parent Facilitator (HK Institute of Education, HK)
- Certified PREPARE / ENRICH Counselor
- Member of The British Psychological Society (UK)
- Member of The American Psychological Association (USA)
- Member of The Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association (HK).
Flora is a doctoral student in psychology in Graduate Theological Foundation in the United States. She is also studying the Postgraduate Diploma of Spiritual Direction in the Christian Contemplative Tradition in Christian Contemplative Spirituality Institute in Hong Kong. She obtained a Master in Psychology in United Kingdom/Hong Kong and a Master in Professional Counselling in United States, in addition to her Bachelor of Arts and Master in Business Administration in United States. She also completed a Psychological Counselling Certified Course in Beijing, China. She is a Certified Parent Facilitator in Hong Kong, a Canadian Council of Professional Certification the Certified Gambling Counselor in Canada, and a Certified PREPARE / ENRICH Counselor. She is a member of The British Psychological Society in United Kingdom, a member of The American Psychological Association in United States, and a member of The Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association in Hong Kong.
She has worked in Europe, Asia and Hong Kong for decades. Her work experience and life exposure enable her to develop a sound multicultural background that enables her to cope with clients from different cultures and apply the most appropriate therapy and counseling approach to clients with different needs. Flora provides individual (children, adolescents, young and senior adults), couples, family, group psychotherapy and counselling through an integrative approach. She works with clients in the areas of depression, anxiety disorders, etc., and personal growth and life crisis; work problems, family, and marital issues, adolescent issues, and grief and bereavement, etc. Her hands-on experience in teaching parenting in kindergarten, primary and secondary school in Hong Kong enabled her to set up a Parental Development Program successfully at a secondary school, in which a counselling center for parents is being established. She offers counselling in English, Putonghuaand Cantonese.
Ms. josephine fung
- Bachelor of Social Work （Poly U）
- Registered Social Worker
- Qualified Personality Dimension Facilitator （Level I）
Josephine is an experienced registered social worker. She has extensive and rich experience in the social work field including Social Welfare Department, Children and Youth Centre, Student Counsellor at the Tertiary Education. She is studying a master’s course in professional counseling (Olivet Nazarene University).
She has experience in working with children, adolescents and adults with emotional disturbances. She is now a part time counsellor at Connexion, under Dr. Kot’s supervision, and also an active voluntary group leader in Rapha Foundation.
Ms. rachel wong
- Master of Arts-Professional Counseling (ONU, USA)
- Master in Electronic Commerce (OUHK)
- Focusing Certifying Coordinator (TIFI, USA)
- Focusing Trainer (TIFI, USA)
- Somatic Experiencing® Practitioner (SEP)
- Professional Member, American Counseling Association (USA)
- Chartered Secretary and Chartered Governance Professional ,The Chartered Governance Institute (UK & HK)
Rachel Wong graduated in Master of Arts Professional Counseling. She has strong interest in personal growth, interpersonal skills and parenting. With several years’ experiences working in Rapha Foundation Limited as volunteer, she saw how Rapha helped individuals suffering from depression, anxiety, parenting, substance abuse, relationship issues including marriage, significant others and family. This made her has a passion to learn counselling. Her background in commercial areas, helps her to understand the needs of different people. She also learns Emotion-Focused Therapy and Focusing which both helps her to explore more for her clients.
Rachel is skillful to explore individual’s own resources by using the same to help them for personal growth, deal with emotional difficulties, resolve internal conflicts and improve interpersonal relationships.